Many sensitive souls have been experiencing the symptoms of the radical shift happening at this time on earth. Besides the physical and mental symptoms, the emotional fears about what the shift means to us as individuals, communities and the world can be overwhelming.
The most common fears held by those on this journey include:
- fear of losing the life they have always known
- fear of losing themselves (personality, identity)
- afraid they won't relate to others anymore
- fear they won't be able to continue on this journey...it's too hard
- afraid to be separated from loved ones who are not on the same spiritual path
If you have been experiencing any of these fears, know that you are not alone. But fears generate resistance within the mind and the body - which can contribute to physical, mental and emotional pain and unease. Below we're going to take a look at one simple strategy that can help ease your fears and resistance to shifting.
When you ease your resistance to change, change becomes easier.
You might think that you are the same person you've always been, yet science shows that we are changing all the time. For example ,the cells in our body are regenerated every 7-10 years, which means that we are literally a whole new physical person! And while it was once thought that our personalities were fully formed in childhood, it's now believed that we continue to develop emotionally into our 40's or 50's. And while our brains might be wired a certain way (sparking beliefs or habits that no longer serve us), neuroscience is exploding with studies that demonstrate how easily the brain can be rewired through meditation and cognitive exercises.
Change is a natural process. Shifting is a natural process, too. Ease fears and resistance with this simple exercise:
- Either standing or laying down, spread your feet more than hip-distance wide. Extend your arms out from your body like you're holding hands with someone two feet away on each side. Close your eyes and begin to slow down your breathing until your body feels quieted and your mind focused.
- Allow your attention to rest on your whole body. Take a few breaths as you feel the energy of your body. Silently say in your mind, "My body is open to nourishment and healing." Repeat several times.
- Move your attention to your heart center. Take a few breaths as you focus completely on the energy of your heart. Silently say in your mind, "My heart is open to receive love." Repeat several times.
- Move your attention to your throat chakra. Take a few breaths, focusing completely on the energy of your throat. Silently say, "My throat is open to speaking divine truth." Repeat several times.
- Move your attention to your third eye. Breathe and focus completely on the energy you feel there. Silently say, "My third eye is open to receive divine wisdom." Repeat several times.
- Move your attention to your crown chakra. As you breathe and focus on the space above your head, silently say, "My crown chakra is open to receiving divine light." As you repeat this, you might imagine a portal opening and light streaming down from above into your crown and flooding through your entire body.
Doing this practice each day (or any time you are feeling anxious about your experience with the shift), will help diminish your mind and body resistance. You are surrendering to spirit, declaring to your higher self that you are open to changing... to shifting.
Learn more exercises to help you with your Ascension/Shift in our "Down To Earth Guide To Ascension" course.
Download FREE - "Ease Your Fears and Resistance" exercise (mobile friendly)